Dispute Resolution


Mason White McDougall Real Estate aims to make it easy for you to bring any problems or complaints to our attention.

We recommend that you first raise your issue with the agent, representative or property manager who is handling your business.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can escalate your concerns to us by:

Whittlesea Office

39-41 Church Street, Whittlesea VIC 3757

Ph: 03 9716 3300

E: whittlesea@mwmwhittlesea.com.au

Please provide details of your complaint, including the outcome you would like, where applicable.

If you need help to describe or send your complaint or if you would like to discuss your concerns informally first, please contact us.

How do we handle your complaint?

Your complaint will be reviewed by our team.

We will treat the process and all the details of your complaint, in strict confidence. If we need to discuss any issues arising from your complaint with someone outside of our business, we will obtain your consent first.

We will always try to give you a fair opportunity to explain your concerns. You should make your initial complaint as clear as possible. Sometimes it may be beneficial to arrange a meeting with you to try to find a satisfactory solution.

How long will it take?

We will try to resolve your complaint as soon as possible. However, how long this takes will depend on the nature and complexity of the issues you have raised.

We will send you acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint within two business days. We will provide you with an estimate of the likely timeline and will we try to finalise the matter within five business days and will keep you updated through the process.

What action will we take in response to your complaint?

We will always try to match our response to the nature of your complaint and your desired outcome but this may not always be possible. There will be an element of assessment needed to determine the appropriate action.

Some of the things we might do include:

– Take steps to rectify the problem or issue you have raised
– Provide you with additional information or advice so you can understand what happened or how we have dealt with it
– Take steps to change our policies or procedures if your complaint identifies a problem in the way we are doing things

What if you’re still unhappy?

Sometimes it will not be possible to resolve a complaint to everyone’s satisfaction and you might want to escalate the matter further. Details of the relevant authority in each state are set out below:


Escalations are handled by the Estate Agents Resolution Service (EARS) at Consumer Affairs Victoria. EARS can deal with enquiries and complaints about real estate agents and offers information, advice and dispute resolution services on real estate issues.

Telephone 1300 73 70 30 (weekdays).